Outlook has a limited set of fonts and the default font is Times New Roman. You can use Windows Character Map to add additional fonts, but some characters may not display correctly in Outlook.
The linked image cannot be displayed in Outlook. This is often caused by the Microsoft Office web pages for some versions of Outlook, such as those with an .edu email address tied to your computer.”Outlook is a free and flexible email, contact and scheduling program for Microsoft Windows. It was released in 2001 as one of the first consumer-level products to be offered by Microsoft after it acquired Hotmail. Outlook has been improved over time with more features being added consistently on an update basis, but this can lead to some confusion when updating or troubleshooting problems because updates are not always cumulative..
The “the linked image cannot be displayed outlook 2016” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an article on how to fix the issue.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
22nd of October, 2021
Publish date: April 2020
- Images from receiving emails are generally shown in Outlook.
- The dreaded red X button appears on occasion, and the associated picture cannot be shown.
- Take a closer look at these fantastic Windows 10 email applications for additional possibilities.
- This Outlook Troubleshooting Hub is devoted to every difficulty you could have with Outlook.
Now you may recover your Outlook emails that have vanished. Emails might vanish for a variety of causes, including deletion, corruption, virus infection, program failure, or just being misplaced. This email retriever will return them to you safely and without errors, allowing you to utilize them straight away. You’ll be able to do things like:
- Outlook data that has been permanently erased may be restored.
- Emails, contacts, attachments, calendars, tasks, and notes may all be recovered.
- Get them all back, even if they’re inaccessible, damaged, encrypted, or lost!
This email retriever will return them to you in a secure and error-free manner.
Now you may get the file.
When attempting to view a linked picture in Outlook, several customers have received an error message.
Incoming email pictures are generally shown in Outlook, however customers often see the iconic red X button and the notice that the associated image cannot be viewed.
Users of Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 are more likely to experience the issue. The linked picture cannot be shown notice in Outlook is inconvenient and prevents you from fully seeing your emails.
Let’s have a look at how we can quickly fix this.
How do I repair a picture that won’t appear in Outlook?
1. Run a scan using your antivirus program
It’s likely that your antivirus is creating this problem in certain cases.
It’s conceivable that the email protection function is creating the issue if the attached picture cannot be shown in Outlook.
To resolve the issue, go to the email protection settings and disable specific functionalities. If it doesn’t work, you may need to turn off your antivirus completely.
In some circumstances, removing your antivirus is the only method to resolve the problem, so you may want to try that as well.
Even if you disable your third-party antivirus, Windows Defender on Windows 10 will keep you secure, so there’s no need to be concerned.
Many customers reported this problem with McAfee, however it may also happen with other antivirus programs.
We have a separate instruction for Norton users on how to totally remove it from your computer. A similar advice is also available for McAffe users.
Whether you’re using an antivirus and wish to uninstall it entirely from your computer, verify if the issue persists after you’ve done so. If the issue persists, you might try switching to a different antivirus program.
2. Make changes to the registry
1. Open a Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R, then typing regedit and pressing Enter.
2. Find and choose the following subkey:
- HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftOfficex.0Common DWORD: BlockHTTPimages Value: 1 HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftOfficex.0Common DWORD: BlockHTTPimages
if the Group Policy is enabled, or this subkey
- HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwarepolicies MicrosoftOfficex.0Common DWORD: BlockHTTPimages Value: 1 MicrosoftOfficex.0Common DWORD: BlockHTTPimages
3. Select Delete from the right-click menu for the BlockHTTPimages key, and confirm the deletion.
5. Select Exit from the File menu.
According to users, some errors in your registry might prevent the connected picture from being shown in Outlook.
Your registry stores a variety of values, and if one of those variables becomes damaged, you may experience this and other issues.
Before making any changes to the registry, make a backup in case anything goes wrong.
However, by following the steps outlined above, you may resolve the issue. Check whether the issue persists after making these modifications to the registry.
If you can’t modify the registry in Windows 10, read this helpful tutorial to discover the fastest fixes.
You can’t go into the Registry Editor? Things aren’t as frightening as they seem. Check out this easy way to rapidly resolve the problem.
3. Move your Temporary Internet Files folder to a new location (IE)
- Enter internet options by pressing Windows Key + S.
- From the list of options, choose Internet Options.
- Click the Settings button in the Browsing history area.
- Now choose a new place for temporary Internet files by clicking the Move folder button.
After that, save your modifications and restart your computer. Check whether the issue persists after your computer has restarted.
Your Temporary Internet Files folder may prevent the referenced picture from being shown in Outlook.
The contents of this folder may get corrupted, and the simplest approach to solve the problem is to create a new Temporary Internet Files folder at a different location.
You’ll be re-creating the Temporary Internet Files directory as a result. Follow the instructions above to change the location of Temporary Internet Files.
4. Turn off the option for encrypted pages.
- Open the Internet Options dialog box.
- In one of our prior solutions, we demonstrated how to do this.
- Select the Advanced option from the drop-down menu.
- Disable the option Do not store encrypted pages to disk in the Security section.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
According to users, some settings in Outlook prevent the connected picture from being shown.
Certain options might sometimes cause problems, but you can address the problem by simply deactivating them. Check whether the issue persists after deactivating this option.
5. Fix the Outlook program in Office.
- Enter control panel by pressing Windows Key + S.
- From the list of options, choose Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features area of the website.
- A list of programs that have been installed should now show.
- Select Microsoft Office from the drop-down menu and click Repair.
- To confirm, choose Online Repair and then click Repair again.
- Now, to fix the Office installation, follow the directions on the screen.
It’s conceivable that your Office installation is damaged if the linked picture cannot be shown in Outlook. It is recommended that the installation be repaired to resolve this issue.
Check whether the issue persists after the Office installation has been fixed.
You’re unable to access Control Panel? To discover a solution, check through this step-by-step instructions.
6. Add a sender to the list of safe senders
- Go to the Home tab in Outlook, choose Junk, and then Junk E-mail Options.
- Go to the Safe Senders page and double-check. Check the box to automatically add persons I e-mail to the Safe Senders List.
It’s essential to add a certain sender to a Safe Senders List in order to address the issue with linked photos.
You may also add the domain as a whole to the Safe Senders List. Simply follow the steps outlined above.
Additionally, an option to add individual emails and domains to the Safe Senders List should be included, allowing you to add just certain contacts and domains.
Check whether the issue persists after making these adjustments.
7. Make a new account for yourself.
- Using the Windows Key + I shortcut, open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Accounts area of the Settings app after it has opened.
- From the left pane, choose Family & Other People.
- In the right pane, click the Add someone else to this PC button.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information from the drop-down menu.
- Add a user who does not have a Microsoft account.
- Click Next after entering the desired username for the new account.
If the linked picture cannot be seen in Outlook, according to users, the problem might be with your user account.
It is possible for the user account to get corrupted, which may result in this and other issues.
However, just establishing a new user account will solve the problem. Switch to a new user account after establishing one and see whether the issue persists.
If the problem does not occur on the new account, you will need to transfer your personal data to it and use it instead of the old one.
If you’re experiencing difficulties launching the Settings app, check out our in-depth article for help.
8. Install Outlook again
If you’re having trouble seeing the attached picture in Outlook, try reinstalling it. The Outlook installation might get damaged at times, and reinstalling Outlook is one solution.
There are a few options, but the most efficient one is to utilize uninstaller software.
Uninstaller software, in case you didn’t know, is a unique tool that can entirely delete all files and registry entries linked with a program.
Without inflicting any harm to your system, the finest uninstaller program will be able to force the removal of nonresponsive or dangerous applications.
After you’ve uninstalled Outlook, reinstall it to fix the issue.
Which option did you find to be the most effective? Leave your response in the comments area below, along with any other questions or recommendations, and we’ll be sure to check into it.
When it comes to these remedies, remember to use them whenever you run into similar problems:
- The picture you’ve linked to isn’t available to view. Office 365 is a cloud-based version of Office. According to users, your antivirus program may be the source of this problem, and in order to resolve it, you may need to off your antivirus.
- The picture you’ve linked to isn’t available to view. If there’s a problem with the Temporary Internet Files directory, the file may have been relocated, renamed, or destroyed. The issue should be remedied by simply moving this directory to a new place.
- Error in Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 The referenced picture is not visible – Almost any version of Outlook may be affected by this problem. However, since the majority of our solutions work with all versions of Outlook, you should be able to use them.
- Signature in Outlook email The referenced picture is not visible – If this problem happens on your computer, you may be able to resolve it by making a few registry adjustments.
- How do I make photos appear in Outlook?
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 4 responses to this post.
The linked image cannot be displayed in Outlook when using Windows 10. This article will help you fix the issue. Reference: outlook 2016 the linked image cannot be displayed windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix the linked image Cannot be displayed in Outlook?
A: This is most likely due to the file not being uploaded in a way that it can be viewed by your email provider. It looks like you are trying to attach an image, which Outlook cannot do on its own.
Why are linked images not showing in my emails?
A: The email client on the website is currently experiencing some technical difficulties and we apologize for any inconvenience. We are working quickly to address this issue, and will provide an update as soon as possible.
Why are images not displaying in Outlook?
A: Because Microsoft Outlook is not compatible with your browser.
- the linked image cannot be displayed outlook 2019
- the linked image cannot be displayed outlook 2019 windows 10
- the linked image cannot be displayed outlook 365
- how do you fix the linked image cannot be displayed in outlook
- the linked image cannot be displayed. the file may have been moved outlook